This range of purpose built cabinets have been developed to meet the stringent requirements of RFI/EMI Shielding.
They can provide electromagnetic attenuation better than 80dB to signals between 10KHz and 1GHz.
All the doors are fitted with Shielding Gaskets incorporating water and dust sealing capability.
A filter housing in the base of the cabinet accommodates the AC mains RF filters, with access through an internal removable cover. A safety cover protects the mains terminal on the cabinet exterior. Venting is provided through fully gasketted honeycomb RF filters and additional airflow can be achieved by the addition of a fan unit, however the cabinet will no longer meet the IP55 dust and moisture standard.
- Doors are hung on multiple hinges and secured in the closed position by a multipoint locking system, activated by semi-flush fitting, “lift & swing” key lockable handle. The entire hinge and locking system is located outside the gasketted cabinet front, ie these lock rods do not encroach into the working area of the cabinet. Further as this complete hinge/lock system is symmetrical rehanging a left hand door to right hand can be accomplished “on site” with the aid of just a screwdriver. The 6RU and 12RU cabinets have a single point lock and provision to reverse hang the door.
- Rack Mounting Angles finished in black powder coat. Four are supplied as standard. These are fully adjustable within the cabinet and conform to IEC60297 practice.
- Line Entry is through in-line filters, usually fitted with a shortened rear door option. This must be determined at time of ordering.
- Fibre Optic Entry is achieved by passing the fibre optic cables through a filter.
- Acrylic Viewing Port can be fitted to the cabinet doors, this port includes a black steel mesh shield, which becomes near invisible when back lit by a video monitor, indicator lamps, etc. However, some down grading of the shielding effectiveness may occur and the port should be made as small as possible to minimise this loss.
- Gear Trays can be fitted inside the rear of the cabinet, either full height or partial, finished in either white or international orange baked enamel & fabricated from 3.0mm steel.
- Plinth is 90mm high and incorporates levelling feet and bolt down brackets to secure to the floor. Finished in black powdercoat and is available either plain or vented.
- Eye Bolt provision is made on all cabinets. However, the eye bolts must be ordered if required.
- Single Line Entry is achieved by passing a single cable through a wave guide tube which is fitted at the time of manufacture. It is best suited to Fibre Optic cable. Any‑current carrying conductors, including Data, penetrating the shield should be filtered. The position must be specified at the time of ordering.
- Weather Hood for cabinets used outdoors. This hood provides additional protection from the elements.
APO Grey Ripple
Gypsy Beige Ripple
IBM Blue Ripple
Charcoal Grey Ripple
Light Grey Ripple
Sable Black TX
The colour samples above are our standard range. As colour printing can only give a representative indication we suggest customers request spray out samples to guarantee exact colour match. These will also give accurate gloss and texture levels. (Semi gloss texture finish is always recommended and supplied unless requested otherwise).
Any other colour may be specified, however additional cost and or lead time will result. For accurate colour identification refer to Australian Standards AS 2700S-1985 or Pantone standards. Gloss level and texture should also be specified.